22300VIC - Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
This course will provide the participant with the skills and knowledge required to assist a person suffering an anaphylactic reaction using the casualty’s own adrenaline device until the arrival of medical assistance. Participants will also develop knowledge and skills in recognition, management, prevention and risk minimisation of allergic reactions.
- Understanding anaphylaxis
- Triggers of anaphylaxis
- Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- The emergency action plan
- The adrenaline auto-injector - what it does
- Using, handling and safe storage of the adrenaline auto-injector
- Risk assessment and risk minimisation strategies
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Evaluation of policies, procedures and emergency incidents
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Role play/scenario work
- Written assessment
A Statement of Attainment 22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis will be issued by First Aid Management & Training Centre upon successful completion of the course. The 22300VIC is valid for 3 years.
First Aid Management & Training Centre’s trainers deliver this course, they are all qualified with Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and have relevant industry experience.
Course Mode & Duration
Three hour face to face delivery and assessment.
To book a course at your workplace, phone our office (03) 9894 1013.
Book online to reserve your spot now!
First Aid Management
is a Nationally Recognised Training Organisation.
RTO 20776, Part of the Australian Qualification Framework.