Sports Trainer Level 1
This course will provide the Sports Trainer with the skills and knowledge to provide a first aid response in a sporting environment.
The Sports Trainer Level 1 course is required by the Eastern Football League to be a Sports Trainer in the age groups from Under 14’s through to Senior football.
If you do this course and you are a trainer in age groups under 8’s - 13’s this course will cover any Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) requirements.
- Under 8 - 10 - Current Level 2 First Aid HLTAID003 & current CPR HLTAID001
- Under 11 - 13 - Current Level 2 First Aid HLTAID003 & current CPR HLTAID001 & ERC
- Clubs must have an Emergency Response Coordinator on site at all games
- Under 14's - Senior - Sports Trainer Level 1 (covers ERC requirements)
- Role of Sports Trainer
- Sports injury prevention
- Injury management
- Management of common medical conditions
- Concussion in sport
- Sports taping
- Moving an injured player
- Drugs in sport
- Sport nutrition
- Current First Aid Certificate HLTAID003
- Current CPR Certificate HLTAID001
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Role play/scenario work
- Written assessment
A Sports Trainer Level 1 Certificate will be issued by First Aid Management & Training Centre upon successful completion of the course. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
First Aid Management & Training Centre’s trainers deliver this course, they all have relevant industry experience.
Course Mode & Duration
This course is delivered with pre-course study and revision of our workbook and 9 hours of face-to-face training. Trainer will check the workbook and if revision questions have not been completed then you will not be able to attend the course session. You will be able to book into another session at a later date.
Course costs can be invoiced to your Club. To invoice we require Club Treasurers' details.
Reserve your spot now by completing an online booking, including your Club's details.