WRFL Sports Trainer Courses
These courses are specific to WRFL clubs only. If you are not part of the WRFL, you can find our normal courses here.
Note that HLTAID001 has been replaced by HLTAID009, and HLTAID003 has been replaced by HLTAID011.
Here are our courses offered to the WRFL:
- Sports Trainer Level 1
- Emergency Response Coordinator
- Sports Trainer Level 1 Re-Accreditation
- HLTAID009 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid (Level 2)
Sports Trainer Level 1
The Sports Trainer Level 1 course is recommended by the Western Football League to be a Sports Trainer at Senior level.
This course will cover any Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) requirements.
Emergency Response Coordinator
The Emergency Response Coordinator qualification is the minimum requirement for all trainers in the Western Region Football League.
This course will provide the necessary skills required for emergency planning and response, injury assessment and management, communication and transporting injured players.
Minimum WRFL Trainer requirements from 2021:
As of this year all trainers will be required the following:
1. Level 2 First Aid certificate – HTLAID011 (HTLAID003) valid for 3 years
2. Current CPR Certificate HTLAID009 (HTLAID001)
3. ERC Certificate – Emergency Response Coordinator
4. Working with Children’s Check card – required for all junior and senior trainers (volunteer card accepted)
5. COVID-19 Infection Control Training Certificate (15 minute online)