Emergency Response Coordinator
This course will provide the necessary skills required for emergency planning and response, injury assessment and management, communication and transporting injured players.
The Emergency Response Coordinator is particularly targeted to junior football clubs that may not have a qualified Level 1 Sports Trainer at their games.
The Eastern Football League requirements for Sports Trainers at junior clubs are:
- Under 8 - 10 - Current Level 2 First Aid HLTAID003 & current CPR HLTAID001
- Under 11 - 13 - Current Level 2 First Aid HLTAID003 & current CPR HLTAID001 & ERC
- Clubs must have an Emergency Response Coordinator on site at all games
- Under 14’s - Senior - Sports Trainer Level 1 (covers ERC requirements)
- Role of the Emergency Response Coordinator
- Emergency planning
- Emergency response priorities
- On field assessment of injured players
- Concussion management
- Blood rule
- On field/ off field communication
- Transporting injured players
- Current First Aid Certificate HLTAID003
- Current CPR Certificate HLTAID001
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Role play/scenario work
- Written assessment
On completion of the course an AFL Certificate of Completion will be issued. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
First Aid Management & Training Centre’s trainers deliver this course, they all have relevant industry experience.
Course Mode & Duration
This course is delivered by face-to-face training over 3 hours.
ERC - $65.00
Level 2 First Aid HLTAID003 & ERC - $170.00 (when booking both courses at the same time).
Course costs can be invoiced to your Club. To invoice we require Club Treasurers' details.
Reserve your spot now by completing an online booking, including your Club's details.